Summer is here! So it’s the perfect time to start planning some fun projects for your backyard. Whether you are looking for new ways to entertain and host friends or you want to surprise your spouse or family with an improved aesthetic, here are some DIY projects that can help make your backyard even more spectacular.
- Fire Pit – If you buy the stones and materials yourself, you can make a firepit in less than a day and for under $100. Get ready for some s’mores and scary stories around the campfire right from your backyard.
- Tree Swing – Making a tire swing is another cheap project that can be completed in less than a day. You will need a chain, rope, drill, wood for the seat, and a healthy tree to hang it from. Buy a pre-made tree swing seat to make this process even easier.
- Garden Bed – This is a great project for DIY lovers with a green thumb. Get ready to eat your own home-grown herbs and vegetables when you create a garden bed in your yard. Make sure to use cedar for the boundary because it is rot-resistant.
- Outdoor Lighting – Brighten up your backyard with some easy lighting ideas, such as hanging lanterns, lining wired lights on your trees, or adding some fixtures along your walkway. Make your backyard a soothing retreat with some ambient lighting.
- Bird Feeder – Show some love to your neighborhood birds by creating a bird feeder for your backyard. Make sure to place your feeder away from any windows and in a high area so no other animals can reach it. Get ready for some lovely bird songs.